The Garland Cemetery is a peaceful resting place that provides families a meaningful place to memorialize those departed from them. The internment of the remains of loved ones have taken place at The Garland Cemetery since the 1800's. See Our Heritage page to read about our history.
The Garland Cemetery lies on 22 acres of ground in the Town of Clarkson. It is located on the South side of Rte 104 (Ridge Rd) between Rte 19 (Lake Rd) and Rte 260 (Sweden Walker Rd).
The grounds are beautifully maintained by a caretaker under the leadership of a nine member Board of Trustees (all caring members of the surrounding community). The Board of Trustees began a yearly improvement plan a few years ago that included:
The original pillars along the driveways were in need of extensive repair. A decision was made to remove the existing pillars and chain link fencing. New pillars with knee walls were installed at each driveway entrance. The chain link fence was replaced with new decorative black chain fence.
New ground maintenance equipment was purchased
The existing water lines were extended to include section 9 and drainage lines were installed to drain wet areas along Ridge Road.
For information on local funeral parlors, gravesite monuments and stones, and head stone services click here